The Day 15 Lesson is an introduction to all of the ways you can save data and covers the basic File System access.
There’s a lot of cool technologies like Core Data, CloudKit, and app backends. Before you use those, I think it’s important to understand how saving files works, and how you can make sure your code is working correctly.
I’m preparing two lectures and a bunch of code tutorials that will feed into the code exercise. I’m also including a ton of links for additional resources if you want to dig into one of the related, more advanced file saving technologies. (Look under the video on the website)
Feedback and updates
- Let me know what you think.
- All future lessons will be with Yosemite and Xcode 6.1 (Apple keeps updating our software)
@JohnC asked for more sample code/resources. I’ll be working to incorporate more into the existing as well as future lessons.
Week 3 Topics
- File system - save images and text
- Custom Objects + Saving with NSKeyedArchiver
- Custom Views and class inheritance
- Multiple screens + View Controllers
- Table Views, JSON web data, and Dictionaries